For all those clothes you have to sift through like in an old and dirty thrift store to get to the good shit.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not Ugly, But

I just saw this post on a blog called You Thought We Wouldn't Notice:
"In summer of 2009 I launched the blog for the LOVE of bikes and designed this logo for the site:

Someone familiar with my blog recently emailed me letting me know that Forever 21 is now selling this Tee with a knock off of - not only my logo design - BUT ALSO spelled out my site's name:



To top it off, I even sell my own shirts with my cute logo!"

This hasn't been the first time Forever 21 has blatantly ripped off designers' work.

3 comments:

  1. Sue them! They steal everything also from runways they cant do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stealing designs from wealthy designers who make tons anyway doesn't bother me much, but ripping off a small website is bulllllshit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reposting this - it does feel very violating to have not only your logo but name used for a Tshirt by a store I had never stepped foot it! I might have never found out had it not been for a stranger emailing me to let me know!

    - Vanessa
    a.k.a. for the love of bikes

    ReplyDelete